It’s the beginning of November, which means it’s one of my favorite times of the year.
It’s that time when makeup brands release their holiday sets! I always say that this is hand-down the best time to buy makeup. Why? Well, holiday sets can also translate into…value sets! (Who doesn’t love a great makeup deal?) Sets always deliver the best products in one (usually very cute) package for an unbeatable price.
So, without further ado, here are my picks:
Each category is listed by price (low-to-high).
- Fresh: Fresh Eyes Lash Loving Duo ($10.00): Anything Fresh is a go-to for me, and this price is pretty unbeatable. A great introductory set for someone unfamiliar with the brand.
- Stila: Stay All Day Mascara & Waterproof Liquid Liner Duo ($20.00): Obsessed with both of these products, especially the liner. I used it every day for a cat eye last year and I probably will never use another liquid liner. These are minis, so they are great for travel or throwing in your bag on the go!
- Sephora Favorites: Draw The Line Eyeliner Sampler ($28.00): I’ve tried all of these liners and have been impressed. The only thing it’s missing is that Stila Stay All Day liner…
- Stila: Seeing Stars Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Set ($32.00): Everytime I see this I think about treating myself…these liners are kind of awesome and this is a really amazing price for them.
- Lancôme: Le Curler Set Ready, Set Lash! ($36.00): Lancôme’s mascaras are really nice and this even includes a lash primer. My favorite part, though, is that curler. I adore lash curlers and I love that this set has everything you need!
- Sephora Favorites: Lash Stash ($45.00): Mini mascaras are awesome because you can try out a new mascara for a few days before really committing. They are also great to have around in case you need to do someone else’s makeup–no contamination of your favorite full size tube!
- Urban Decay: Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set ($59.00): These pencils are the best. The set has eight full size liners, four of which are brand new. It’s pricey but worth it.
- Sephora Collection: Gloss Lab ($25.00): Usually I’m not impressed with Sephora brand makeup, but these look really great over other lipsticks. For 25 bucks, this is a steal.
- Stila: Long Wear Liquid Lip Set ($32.00): This might be my gift to myself this year. I discovered these liquid lipsticks a couple weeks ago and they really exceeded my expectations.
- Tarte: 5-Piece LipSurgence Collector’s Set ($34.00): These lip tints are so easy to use, delivering a sheer dose of hydrating color quickly on-the-go. Great value since they are pretty big.
- Fresh: Sugar Addiction Mini Lip Collection ($48.00): When I saw that they made this I just about died. I adore these lip balms–they are totally worth the splurge. The minis are a really great size.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics: Pro’s Picks Lip Tar Set ($49.00): These Lip Tars are ridiculously amazing. They go on so pigmented and stay through everything. I actually have trouble getting them off (for me, that’s a sign of a great lip product!)
- Nars: Kiss Mini Larger Than Life Lip Gloss Coffret ($55.00): From the Andy Warhol collection. The colors are pretty, but the real seller (for me, at least) is the limited edition soup can that they come in.
- Chloé: Chloé Minature Duo ($18.00): Small, but 18 dollars for some Chloé? I’m in!
- Clinique: Complete Happiness Coffret ($39.50): The original Happy smells, well…happy. All of the scents are very clean and refreshing, and the tiny size would make them nice for travel.
- Lady Gaga: FAME Holiday Gift Set ($57.00): This perfume is pretty special–I haven’t smelled anything quite like it. The set is adorable (but of course I would think that…I do love a good temporary tattoo!)
- Taylor Swift: Wonderstruck Gift Set ($59.50): Any Taylor fan adores this. I think the bottle is beautiful (though I’m on the fence about that clutch) and I kind of love the song that inspired its name.
- Burberry: Burberry Body Eau de Parfum Body Gift Set ($100.00): I got this for the holidays last year. Every time I wear this scent, people notice and comment on how great I smell. It’s a go-to for me, and I love the body milk (think body lotion, but thinner!)
- Soap & Glory: The Best Things In Life Are Three Set ($25.00): Soap & Glory is a great brand–plus it’s British. Cute little minis make great travel companions!
- Bliss: ‘Tote’-Ally Bliss A Spa-To-Go Trio Of Must-Have Face+Body Blends Set ($35.00): Besides having the longest name ever, this set also has a few of my favorite products. I love everything Bliss, and these guys are no exception.
- Philosophy: Home For The Holidays Set ($38.00): Philosophy’s bath products have always been my favorite. They always have tasty scents for the holidays and this even includes the lipglosses. Love!
- Korres: Butter Me Up Body & Lip Butter Collection ($38.00): Korres lip butters are so sinfully smooth and wonderful. To have three of them and four body butters together at this price? That’s almost unheard of.
- Stila: Holiday 2012 Brush Set ($28.00): 28 dollars for five essential brushes is a great deal. A great starter set!
- Hello Kitty: 3-Piece Brush Set ($35.00): It’s Hello Kitty. Enough said.
- Sephora Collection: IZAK Brush Set ($38.00): Any makeup brand/designer (especially French designers..) collaboration is a must-buy in my opinion. These are so whimsy and cute, plus the bag could be used for anything.
- Sephora Collection: Collector’s Edition Premium I.T. Brush Set ($68.00): Sephora’s brushes are very impressive. This set is just looks so elite and high class that it’s hard not to appreciate it. Plus, the stand is a nice touch.
- The New Black: Ombre 5-Piece Nail Polish Set ($22.00): Available in 6 perfectly complementary shades, this set offers a range of creative DIY ideas. My mind is already spinning…
- Urban Decay: Showboat Nail Kit ($28.00): UD’s polishes are insanely pigmented (no surprise there!) and easy to apply. I adore this kit.
- Ciaté: CAVIAR Mini Mani Month ($58.00): If there ever was an advent calendar for a polish lover, it was this one. 24 polishes, including exclusive caviar blends? Magical.
Phew, that was a long list…and these are only the big categories! I’m so excited to use this as a guide to find gifts for all my friends (oh no, I hope I didn’t spoil their surprises!)
Are you planning on treating someone or yourself to a beauty product this holiday season? Will you be taking advantage of the holiday sets? Have you seen any sets that I haven’t mentioned here? Post a comment below, tweet me @lilianebeauty, or send me an email at email@example.com!